Sunday, January 10, 2010

Am I in trouble or what!!!???

Gretchen, my 3 year old loves to talk and make up different scenarios that she talks about enough that I think she thinks they are real. She often talks about her imaginary and best friend Leena. This last week she started talking about her boyfriend which threw me off right from the start, but it was only the beginning.

It turns out he's a "bad boyfriend who started calling Leena a "peanut butter sandwich - which was very rude!" It all escalated from there. It turns out that he "hits people in the face" - "even Gigi" At this point started asking questions about if she had ever seen anyone get hit in the face and having discussions about "boyfriends" and why we don't want boys who are mean to be boyfriends ect.

Well, yesterday I found out that it was worse than I thought!! She talked more about her "bad boyfriend" as she has always called him. She broke down and volunteered his name. It was someone I had heard about. Her "bad boyfriend" was none other that SATAN!!!!! I just about died laughing! I told her in my best mom voice that she'd better stay away from Satan or she's in big trouble. She just looked at me defiantly and said nothing.

I can't wait to hear what she comes up with next. I love that girl, but I am concerned about how things will be when she is a teenager. I'll take her as she is for now. I do wish I had a way to tap into her brain and imagination and somehow market all that's there. I know there is a fortune to be made.

4 comments:

David and Shelly said...

What a cutie. Oh my gosh, she is gorgeous. I think you could make a fortune just off the LOOKS of your kids!

Meikjn said...

thanks for the laugh.

monica said...

beautiful picture and funny story. Amelia speaks in another language that sounds Spanish, but isn't. She says is "English", but it really means any language other than English.

Jes and Kurt said...

Conratulations on your new wonderful baby boy! Calvin is so cute. Call if you need anything.
Jes Bennion