Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Heart Moss

I have a new love in my life. It's green and cool and damp. No it's not frogs. that is an old love. My new friend is Moss, and I am obsessed now with making Moss Terrariums. Like many of my brilliant ideas, I saw someone else make one first. So I went to the thrift store and bought some glass containers as well as saved pickle jars and candel jars and anything glass thing I could find with a lid. Here is what I have made. I did not make the cute polymer clay mushroom houses, or the hedgehogs, but I will try my hand at the sweet mushrooms in the near future. The 3 with tags were given as gifts for mother's day to my Mom, Mother-in-law, and Grandma G.
The hardest part was finding the moss. I tryed to get it at garden stores ect, but it's no where to be found. Thankfully Matt found some at his place and I now know several places where I can find it.










I had quite a bit of trouble with focusing on these with close ups. I'll need to take some better shots soon.

2 comments:

emily litt said...

Love this!!!!! So cool!

Courtney said...

Those turned out so cute!