Friday, March 27, 2009

The village Frocks

I ran across a fun blog of 2 very creative people I have never met. She made the CUTEST dress, and after a million people telling her they want to make it she drew up a pattern. She called it the village frock and it was sold out in a matter of hours. So she ran another set through the printers and I bought one. I planned to make it for the girls in the fall, but life goes on and I got around to it in the new year. (I keep thinking that the year has just begun). They have been finished a while now, but as you know I'm not quick to get photos on my computer.
Anyway, here you go. I like the way they turned out. I tried forever to find a plumb colored linen without paying a fortune, and I settle on a pretty plumb twill with embroidery, and a complimentary deep red twill with embroidery. I frugally bought the exact length of fabric the pattern recommended (resisting temptation to buy a little extra just in case). I was so proud of myself for fitting all the pieces on the fabric and cutting them out, but forgot to cut 2 of the arm piece. So I had some fudging to do. I went back to the store and they had discontinued the fabric I had initially purchased. That's what I get for putting off my projects. After much looking I found an exact color match for the red in a regular cotton fabric, and a close match in the plumb. I was disappointed, but they still look super cute.





1 comment:

Mimi said...

I saw that dress on Saturday. I am amazed. I loved it! When and how did you learn how to sew. I feel enthusiastic enough to try it out.