Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Puppet Theater

This is another made in '09 item from early in Jan. For Lorelei's birthday I made her a doorway puppet theater. I had envisioned rich deep fabrics, but due to budget restrictions, this item lost all funding. I used what I found, and while I see it as inferior to what I imagined, Lorlei was very pleased. Keep in mind, it was good timing for such a present. Santa had brought the kids 3 puppets each; Joe got glove marionettes, Lorelei got hand puppets, and Gigi finger puppets. On top of that, we went to the Library and checked out even more puppets just before the big day to ensure a positive reaction. Plus she also got a beautiful ballet puppet for her birthday. Needless to say, she LOVED the theater! I love watching my children when they are creative and using their imaginations. It's one of my greatest blessings as a mother.

1 comment:

Renae said...

Very cool idea. I've only seen it with the one bottom curtain, not the additionaly ones like you have. We may have to add onto ours also to get the full-blown effect.