Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The finished product

This quilt is well over due, but it is done and I can concentrate on other projects now. It's an oversized twin blanket (probably more like a full). I like the colors, and made up the design myself. It's simple, but fun. I did opposing large and small inner squared squares. If you look closly you can also see a pattern of darker squares goin down from left to right, and lighter squares going down from right to left. I already had many of the colors on my stash, snd so only specifically bought a few of the colors. It looks really cute on Gretchen's bed. Come over and see for yourself. I also planned in a pillowcase as usual.





I like to make extra squares so I can play with placement and mess up a few of them with out any trouble. I made a lot of extras. So I decided to make some baby doll quilts. I had enough to do 3. These are the 2 I made for our girls. I'm still deciding how I want to quilt the 3rd. It's square, and a little different from the others. I didn't have extras of all the colors, but this is what I came up with.


Here are the backs of the little quilts. You can see better on these how inexperienced I am with my machine quilting. But it was fun, and I hope that by the time I want to do it on a real quilt, I'll be better at it. The one with green was done in diagonals and also in a tic tac toe pattern following the from squares. The one with purple was done with stippling. I need a lot more practice with that technique. I outlines the inside squares and stippled the rest.

5 comments:

emily litt said...

Great job Tana!!!!

The Osborne Family said...

Tana, those are AWESOME!!! I wish I had your discipline to sit down and create like that.

David and Shelly said...

Wow, can I just say, Wow! And those little dresses down in that other post, very classy. Your girls are so cute and you really dress them up cute!

Jeremy and Sara Smith said...

You make it look so easy. I love it Tana!!!

Aaron & Erin said...

Great Job Tana! You are amazing. I love the colors.