This quilt is well over due, but it is done and I can concentrate on other projects now. It's an oversized twin blanket (probably more like a full). I like the colors, and made up the design myself. It's simple, but fun. I did opposing large and small inner squared squares. If you look closly you can also see a pattern of darker squares goin down from left to right, and lighter squares going down from right to left. I already had many of the colors on my stash, snd so only specifically bought a few of the colors. It looks really cute on Gretchen's bed. Come over and see for yourself. I also planned in a pillowcase as usual.
I like to make extra squares so I can play with placement and mess up a few of them with out any trouble. I made a lot of extras. So I decided to make some baby doll quilts. I had enough to do 3. These are the 2 I made for our girls. I'm still deciding how I want to quilt the 3rd. It's square, and a little different from the others. I didn't have extras of all the colors, but this is what I came up with.
Here are the backs of the little quilts. You can see better on these how inexperienced I am with my machine quilting. But it was fun, and I hope that by the time I want to do it on a real quilt, I'll be better at it. The one with green was done in diagonals and also in a tic tac toe pattern following the from squares. The one with purple was done with stippling. I need a lot more practice with that technique. I outlines the inside squares and stippled the rest.