Friday, November 14, 2008

New Stuff

A good friend commissioned an Owl hat & coat from me a while back,and not too many have seen it, so I thought I'd share. The hat is based loosely on the fabric inside the coat. I always intended on doing an owl hat, but never got around to it with all the others. So thanks to fun friends I sometimes get to create new things. That's the fun part of it for me anyway. That & seeing the kids enjoy them. Sometimes we are late leaving the house in winter because the kids can't pick which hat to wear that day.


Here is the owl coat I made. It has the same design as the others I've done. I love the printed fabric inside. It's fully lined with turned cuffs and toggle closures. I'm going to make one foe Lorelei in the spring with the same owl fabric. But it will have a purpley colored fleece instead of teal.




This is my new Snake/Cobra hat. It was a commission and I had lots of fun with it. I need to make one for Joe still. This is the little reptile I made it for. He's so cute. Kara, I hope it's OK that I stole photos from your blog.


4 comments:

Kyle and Tiff said...

You've done it again, Tana. Stinkin' adorable. Cutest hats and jackets I've ever seen, probably. When do I get to come and be your apprentice? I know, when someone's willing to watch all our kids while we sew our hearts out, aka probably never. That's okay, it's just an honor to know (and claim relation to) such a creative mastermind.

The Mortensens said...

Tana, no worries, I was hoping you would take my photos! We still love the hat and Will wants to wear it everyday! I LOVE the owl coat and hat, that is adorable, you are seriously amazing. I can't wait to see what Will wants to be next year, so I can commission another creation from you! :)

Renae said...

Love the owl print and dang cute hats! You could so easily teach a sewing Enrichment night. So don't think you are going to get off too easily.

Courtney said...

Tana - I'd love to see all your designs. I want to commission a collection for my nieces and nephews - Elin and all of her cousins will have the cutest hats around!